Arista e6 kit question

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by shuttershane, Feb 19, 2012.

1. shuttershane

shuttershane Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I was looking into getting this kit. I read the pdf and one thing is sort of catching me off guard. If you buy the 1 pint kit it gives you a total of 472ml of liquid to work with at each stage. I use a patterson universal tank and I usually develop with 600ml of liquid. I believe the minimum is 500ml. I shoot 120 film.

Does anyone in here use the kit for 120mm film? If so how do you deal with the above?

And lastly I know that once the chemical is mixed it has a short shelf life. If I were to buy the gallon kit and mix a little at a time how long would the unmixed chemical last on the shelf?

2. zach

zach Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    You only need ~400mL to cover 120 film.

Haven't used Arista but the blix in these kits is prone to oxidisation.

Maybe 3-4 months. Probably more.

3. kerne

kerne Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    A metal reel in a metal tank can use 400ml. Most plastic tanks like the Paterson use more. That's why I prefer my metal tank. The Arista kit numbers are a bit wonky. You can stretch the pint kit to about 500ml without much trouble. Even if it doesn't quite cover the reel, you could always keep the tank horizontal and roll it for complete coverage.

The last batch of half used E6 chem I had lasted almost a year properly stored with the bottles topped off with a bit of canned air. The Rollei C41 kit on the other hand oxidized within a few months.