Art Festivals in Florida

Discussion in 'Florida' started by aj-images, Mar 10, 2007.

1. aj-images

aj-images Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I live in New Jersey and I'm considering traveling to Florida a few times each winter over the next five to years to build up a portfolio and jump into the show circuit there. I have experience in the southwest circuit and wanted to get some feedback from others and their experiences. Thanks for any help - Jim

2. reellis67

reellis67 Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    There are a number of generic art shows down here, if that's what you were after. The big three that my wife and I hit in Central Florida are the Winter Park Arts Festival, the Maitland Art Festival, and the Mount Dora Arts Festival.

- Randy

3. waynecrider

waynecrider Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Further south in Florida each city has their own shows, sometimes more then once a season, with seasons being generally fall thru spring. After that the art circuits go out of state. One thing I've noted is that European scenes do very well with perhaps nature a close second. Nature shooting down here is in the dry season which is now. Now I've talked to more then my fair share of photographers at shows and it's a real mixed bag of returns. As I noted above, and found out thru questioning over several years, most sales are shots from elsewhere.