ASA setting in Rollei's?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by ToddB, Mar 5, 2013.

1. ToddB

ToddB Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hey guys,

The ASA setting knob bench mark the correct light neededfor correct metering.. correct? the knob has no other function?

ToddB

2. Whiteymorange

Whiteymorange Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The ASA dial on a Rolleiflex (without a meter. I don't know about metered Rollei's) is a reminder only. It has no effect on the operation of the camera.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2013
  3. smolk

smolk Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    With a coupled meter it changes the "coupling" of aperture and shutter time.
    It also has a correction for filter use (at least in the 2.8F, don't know about other models).

4. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Which model Rollei do you have ToddB.

5. ToddB

ToddB Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have a T and 3.5f. The meter on the T is really funky. The 3.5f makes seance. So on the 3.5f doesn't have correct Asa with film inside, it theorically possible to screw up a roll when developing.
    ToddB

6. summicron1

summicron1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    on my 2.8 E the asa setting wheel tells the light meter what speed of film the camera has in it so when I use the meter it tells me the correct setting for the camera. The meter isn't mechanically linked to the camera, I take the EV number off the meter and set it on the camera.

The needle on the meter isn't changed by changing the asa, but changing the asa shifts the little rings on the meter that tell you what EV to use when you match the needle up with the pointer.