astia 100f exposed at 320

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by David Hatton, Jun 27, 2011.

1. David Hatton

David Hatton Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi all, I exposed a roll of astia 100f which I found kicking around at 320 instead of 100:sad: Can anything be done. I don't ever use slide film so any help would be appreciated.
    David

2. hpulley

hpulley Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Try asking for a two stop push as most slide film will be very dark underexposed by more than a stop.

3. L Gebhardt

L Gebhardt Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    It won't be pretty, but you can ask for two stop push development. I don't think you'll be happy with them as slides, but you might be able to get some useable images out with good scanning on a drum scanner.

4. timparkin

timparkin Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I've had satisfactory results with a two stop push with Astia - it should still be OK (mine has been). People used to regularly push Provia two stops and say the results were about the same as Provia 400 for grain.. Have a go, nothing to lose..

5. Athiril

Athiril Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Difficult situation, even on a good scanner, it's gonna be hard contrast. Might be good as a pushed colour neg, or pushed rehal colour neg scanned.

6. David Hatton

David Hatton Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks gentlemen, I'll give it a go. It's only money.......

7. nickrapak

nickrapak Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I would ask for a 1 1/2 stop push rather than 2 stops. That way, you reduce the amount by which you are pushing, and you end up closer to the 1 2/3 stops that you have underexposed by.

8. David Hatton

David Hatton Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi', just got my film back from Peak today. I asked for a !/ !!one and one half stop push as nick suggeste and I am really happy with the results. They look slightly dark but the grain is good and the colour is nice and saturated. Really nice, many thanks
    David