Auction site bargains

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Sethasaurus, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Sethasaurus

Sethasaurus Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Somebody has been smoking a little too much of something, asking for these prices..
    http://bit.ly/a5qjpD

2. benjiboy

benjiboy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    He'll probably find somebody who has smoked even more wacky baccy to buy it :smile:

3. kuyman

kuyman Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Sure the price is ridiculous, but I've never thought of it as "Art Deco" before! That's got to be worth something, right!?!

4. edp

edp Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It's rated 7/10 cosmetically, that's an extra 600 dollars' worth right there.

5. jglass

jglass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If that lens "looks clean," I'm a monkey's uncle! I'm gonna list my 'cord right now!

6. reverend jay

reverend jay Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    That's funny, I was just thinking the exact same thing. Last night I was looking at Rolleiflexes on ebay and the prices on those have just gone through the roof. Most are going for triple what I paid for the two I have, and there are just as many selling way into the thousands. I knew I should have bought a few more of those a couple years ago because clearly there has been a resurgence in classic cameras......Damn hipsters and your fixed gear bikes, get off my lawn!

7. Sethasaurus

Sethasaurus Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    They are great cameras. I have two nice examples and they take excellent pictures.

The listed one is actually only worth close to one tenth of that price.
    One recently sold for US$340 and previous ones for approx $100-150. Its a funny market and it kind of depends on who is buying and who is selling at any given time.

The prices for a lot of cameras have been slowly creeping up though, including the FSU rangefinders, for example.
    The production run of Zorki 1s was about 800,000, so they aren't _really_ so rare or valuable (as the typical Eastern European ebayer will have you believe).

Also, I find it difficult to believe when someone lists three of the same camera and tries to tell you they're rare!

8. Sethasaurus

Sethasaurus Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Here's one I bought recently:
    http://bit.ly/9PsKL6
    (yeah, while I was ON DRUGS!)
    I know they're interesting, collectable, historic, etc but er...