Autofocus Nikon F2 on ebay

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by Geodesiq, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Geodesiq

Geodesiq Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    While window shopping on ebay I came across this amusing description of the Nikon F2. It has dynamic auto focus, 24 built in custom settings, it takes only 8 AA batteries and delivers brilliant image identification. WOW! I want one!

Product Information
    With a die cast body, the F2 Body Only assures you a strong body construction. This Nikon 35mm camera comes with a Nikon exclusive dynamic auto focus which enables you to highlight the subject of your image with ease. The Nikon Exclusive 1,005-pixel RGB 3D Color Matrix Meter makes this Nikon film camera deliver brilliant image identification. Featured with a 24 built-in custom settings, the F2 Body Only lets you shoot an image with great variety. The vibration-minimizing mechanisms of this Nikon 35mm camera give you a distortion-free performance. This Nikon film camera boasts a 1/8000-sec shutter speed which ensures that you receive a high-speed output. Requiring just about 8 AA batteries, the F2 Body Only delivers an efficient performance during those professional shoot sessions.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2011
  2. LyleB

LyleB Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    You gonna jump on it? Probably pretty valuable. Needless to say, ahead of it's time.

3. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Does it have a USB connector?

Steve.

4. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  5. LyleB

LyleB Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I thought I would do the seller involved a favor and let them know, especially since it is a vintage camera seller who has the current listing. This is the reply I got within just a few minutes of notifying them.

"Dear lab16,

I understand.
    Propblem is that item specifics are provided by ebay. It is not from my item description. And by new ebay rules I can;t list item on ebay unless I use item specifics.
    So that is where this error coms from,
    Rokas"

Appears that once again eBay is making ridiculous rules.

6. CGW

CGW Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Recognize the name and see that guy's stuff often. I'm guessing he's also in the underwater salvage/shipwreck recovery business judging from the look of the stuff he often auctions off. Creepy.

7. altim

altim Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Yeah, now when you list in the photo section you have to choose an item out of the catalog that matches what you're selling. Unfortunately the catalog isn't anywhere close to being complete. It is supposed to help the buyers find what they are looking for, but due to there being so many variations of similar camera gear it is just plain confusing.

8. LyleB

LyleB Member

Shooter:
    35mm

Yeah, high prices for rough-looking gear usually. Never bought from him, but he is prolific so he must get buyers. :D

9. Geodesiq

Geodesiq Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    You can bypass the canned description when you list an item. Most of them are laughably inaccurate. It's obvious the writer has no clue. Sounds like they're outsourcing the writing to some third world hell hole to save a few cents. But if it had an SD card slot I'd get it; CF is just too outdated.

10. Pumalite

Pumalite Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    JAJAJAJA!

11. fstop

fstop Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thats just begging for a smart a$$ to buy it and dispute the discription, be right back.. muhahahaha

12. SafetyBob

SafetyBob Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    That is amazing, I need one of those autofocus F2s too. I have noticed that my buying trends for increased periods of GAS have been relieved by buying from APUG memebers first then going on to Fred Miranda for complete treatment. I like buying from guys who actually can explain the differences between an F2 and F4 right now this second....probably without even having owned either.

When the time comes to unload some equipment in order to make room for more (and different) equipment, I plan on using this forum first to do it. Photo equipment in good to excellent shape is getting harder to find now and it is a real shame when a wonderful piece of equipment gets into non-user hands that won't treat it with the respect it deserves let alone use it.

Aslo, I think we all know here at APUG the prices on that big auction site don't always end up as the "deal" that the whole experience is supposed to be. Never ever had an issue with anything purchased here through friends that wasn't disclosed before hand. Again, photographers helping photographers......the way it should be.

Bob E.

13. Bob-D659

Bob-D659 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Using that description is a good thing for the buyer, he can return any F2, as it isn't as described in the auction.

14. fstop

fstop Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    When it comes to selling there is no difference between junk bay and selling on the forums. You won't get what its worth and will get hassled about the condition, how long it took to get etc

15. modernmartyr

modernmartyr Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    sounds like an f5

16. fstop

fstop Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    It could be the auto description file is wrong, Iknow it is for Minolta XG-7s, it calls them medium format.