Automatic film processor for denstists

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by tomalophicon, Jun 23, 2011.

1. tomalophicon

tomalophicon Member

Shooter:
    Sub 35mm
  2. Diapositivo

Diapositivo Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    My dentist has one and uses it. Actually my former dentist as I am switching to another one nearer where I live. Anyway last September the dentist took an X-ray picture of my tooth, which was very small, possibly less than a 135 frame IIRC, and just developed it in a couple minutes in one of those dark bags, and it was immediately available for the light table (or should I say the light frame, on the wall). It was really nice to see that analogue technology was so fast and practical. Frankly after seeing that I don't understand how could a dentist want to switch to digital. I had never noticed before that dentists develop X-ray pictures on the spot.

3. tomalophicon

tomalophicon Member

Shooter:
    Sub 35mm
    Diapositivo, thanks for that information.
    I have been looking at the possibility of using dental film for pictorial reasons and have found that the film can be quite small.

I did find some 'panoramic' film, though, that is 12x6 inches.

4. Diapositivo

Diapositivo Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    If I recall correctly the producer of the machine was Dentsply (NYSE symbol: XRAY) which is one of the world's most important producers of dentistry materials. I noticed it because I used to be a co-owner of the firm*.

Fabrizio

* I mean I had a few shares.