B+W filers for Hasselblad lenses

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Quinten, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Quinten

Quinten Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello,

Does B+W or brands alike make filters (or adapter rings) to fit on Hasselblad lenses. Over here it's a real challange to find filters for a Hasselblad since the orriginals aren't sold so an alternative could be the solution.

cheers!
    Quinten

2. eric

eric Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes, they make Bay 60 and Bay 50 filters. So do others make, I have a Tiffen Bay 60 Orange.

3. Bob F.

Bob F. Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If you have trouble finding a supplier locally, Robert White in the UK stocks B&W and is used to shipping abroad.

Cheers, Bob.

4. BWGirl

BWGirl Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hey Quinten!

What I did is buy a Bay60mm to screw-mount 67mm adapter for mine. This makes it much easier (and a tad less expensive) to buy filters. I like it that my filters are slightly larger than the lens as well.

5. John Koehrer

John Koehrer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Quentin
    The adapter B&W girl mentions will also hold series 8 filters too, if you have a retaining ring.

6. gr82bart

gr82bart Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm actually surprised that it's hard to find filters for Haseys in Europe than here in the US. I would have thought Heliopan and B&W filters would be readily available?

Art.

7. Quinten

Quinten Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well actually there are shops not to far away who have practicly each filter availeble, though hard to reach with public transport.

Many other small stores stopped selling the bajonet filters because they hardly ever sold one. Now I have bought the ring B&W girl suggested and van use my 67 filters, wich works great!

Thanks for the tips!
    Quinten