Back in Business

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by reverend jay, Jul 27, 2008.

1. reverend jay

reverend jay Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Well I came across a Rollei T today for just under $300 USD hopefully this one won't show up broken.

Attached Files:

2. Greg_E

Greg_E Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Looks like it is in decent shape.

3. IloveTLRs

IloveTLRs Member

Shooter:
    Sub 35mm
    Pretty camera

4. papagene

papagene Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It looks in great shape! Good luck with this one.

gene

5. reverend jay

reverend jay Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Yeah I got it off the Bay. Interesting story that makes it so much better; I received an email from the seller who turns out to be a 76 year old woman who is an artist and bought the camera when she was young an newly married. She said that she had a really hard time putting it on Ebay but realized that it was time to let go. I told her that I would be giving it a good home and would care for it like she has all these years. She did mention that she hasn't used it in probably 15 or 20 years so I imagine a good CLA is in order however from the pictures it looks rather nice as far as the exterior goes.

6. Nick Merritt

Nick Merritt Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    So, you must have it by now -- how's it work?

7. pentaxuser

pentaxuser Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Not necessarily. I was given an Agfa Isolette I, several years ago that had belonged to a friend's deceased brother. It had literally been found amongst his things. It hadn't been used or even as much as opened for about 40 yrs. The film still inside it was developed and the shots were able to be dated to ascertain its last use!

No sticking focus/distance control, all speeds and apertures working and no holes in the bellows or light leaks.

So it could be just fine. Little old ladies and preservation of fine artefacts go together. Well all except cars and the little old lady from Pasadena!:D

Best of luck with it.

pentaxuser

8. Whiteymorange

Whiteymorange Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have a Rollei that lived in the rafters of a house in RI from probably the mid 60's to a few years ago. It needed nothing when i got it.

9. reverend jay

reverend jay Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    It looks like it has never been used, I took it out the other day and shot a roll. It performed great and everything works as it should. I will probably develop the negs next week when I get some time so hopefully they look good. Otherwise I am very happy with the camera