Baldalux question.

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Mike Kennedy, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Mike Kennedy

Mike Kennedy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There is a switch on this Balda folder that has 3 positions yellow/red/X.
    Anyone know what the colors denote?

Thanks,
    Mike

2. Konical

Konical Subscriber

Good Evening, Mike,

Don't know for sure, but the "X" suggests different sync settings or sync settings and a self-timer.

Konical

3. Donald Qualls

Donald Qualls Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I agree, sounds like an M/X/V -- if so, X is for electronic flash, M for flash bulbs, and V is the self timer. If you don't have the M and V, M will usually be closest to the X, and most shutters (in my experience) won't go into V unless cocked. Probably best not to put it in V, however -- many older shutters will jam solid if put into self timer, and only a full CLA will put them right.

4. ricksplace

ricksplace Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Danger! Danger!
    Donald is right. If the selector is on X, leave it there.

Sounds like a prontor svs shutter. If it is the same camera I have, it is a coupled rangefinder folder. The lens is not front element focusing, the whole lens moves on a helical connected to the rangefinder. It is not easy to dismantle to cla, so don't try. My camera has the Scheider Radionar 80/2.9 lens. It gives excellent results when stopped down to f11 or f16. If your camera is in good condition, it is a keeper/user.