Ballpark development for 1969 Kodak Royal X Pan 4x5?

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by walter23, Jan 3, 2008.

1. walter23

walter23 Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Anyone have a good guess for the sensitivity of this film? Development time and dilution? I have ID-11, Ilfosol-S (if it's still fresh enough), and HC-110 at my disposal at the moment. Found the box in a used bin in a camera store and am curious to try it out. Box just says "high speed".

2. Konical

Konical Subscriber

Good Evening, Walter,

My Kodak data sheet from 1976 gives the speed as ASA 1250. Tray development in HC-110B with continuous agitation is 8 minutes (68 degrees). My own experience in film developing would indicate that Kodak's "continuous agitation" times tend to work well with development in rotary drums also. The data sheet has lots more information, of course; if you need more, just PM. I'll photocopy and mail the whole sheet if you wish.

Years ago, I used a few rolls of this emulsion in 120; it should be named Royal Grain. What you have is likely to be very old with, consequently, a very high fog level. Good luck!

Konical

3. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I had some of this once of similar vintage and made a few experiments. I think I posted them in a thread called "film archaeology" or something like that. A search should turn it up.