Bangkok or Istanbul - buying lomo cameras

Discussion in 'Geographic Location' started by darkosaric, Jul 30, 2009.

1. darkosaric

darkosaric Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I am going soon in Istanbul and Bangkok, and I am planing to buy diana F+ camera there (or used diana, not important). I hope there is cheaper, here in Poland price (with flash and pinhole adapter) is close to 100 euros! :mad:

Anyone knows some shop at those locations, used or new lomo cameras?

thanks,

2. cloud constructor

cloud constructor Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    hi darko, for istanbul you can try dukkanda shop(lomo distributor) its phone is : +90 212 2434678 or you can try sirkeci/eminönü location there are many photo/video shops espcially at hayyam.

3. TheFlyingCamera

TheFlyingCamera Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I can't say if they have any Dianas or Holgas or other Lomo cameras, but there are some very well stocked camera stores in Bangkok, at the Mahboonkrong (MBK) shopping centre. I forget the name of the big one, but there is a big one on the ground floor of MBK.

4. bagdad child

bagdad child Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    There is quite a reasonable chance you'll find an old Diana at Hayyam Pasaji in Sirkeci as mentioned. There are dozens of shops specializing in used film cameras inside Hayyam. There were certainly a lot of old Russian rangefinders in there a month ago. Great location. Prices range from fair to expensive, but you can always bargain them down.