Bard College Student

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the APUG Community' started by mediocrityman, Dec 12, 2011.

1. mediocrityman

mediocrityman Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    New here. I'm 19, I'm from Brooklyn, I go to Bard College. So far my professors have been Stephen Shore, Larry Fink, Barbara Ess and soon I will have An-My Le, for what it's worth. Stephen never really liked my stuff, Larry and Barbara like a lot of my stuff. I'm kind of here selfishly, just wanna post pictures and see what people think, but I cant find the critique forum anywhere on this site. Seems like a good place. Analogue is my favorite method of photography, but I'm just as wary of shunning digital as many shun analogue.

Can someone help a tired stupid kid with finding the critique forum?

-Mac

2. keithwms

keithwms Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome Mac!

Once you are a subscriber, you can upload images to the galleries. You'll be able to select which gallery to upload to; if you want critique, you can put it in the critique gallery.

There is a bit of an unwritten rule here, which is that people usually won't critique work unless it is in the critique gallery or someone has specifically asked for critique in a post. That said, I and many, many others would be more than happy to comment on images :smile:

3. Jeff Kubach

Jeff Kubach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello Mac, I hope you like it here!

Jeff

4. papagene

papagene Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Mac - hello and welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts.

5. winger

winger Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello and welcome from the western end of PA. I went to Moravian College and had Larry Fink as my photo I and II instructor the only year he taught there. Subscribing is the way to go, imo.

6. SuzanneR

SuzanneR Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If you subscribe to APUG, there is a Critique Gallery where you can upload your pictures for some feedback. I've toyed with the idea of the Bard graduate program, but family obligations have made such a commitment in time nearly impossible. Take in everything you can from your instructors. Even the ones who don't necessarily like your work. I would love to learn some from them!! And welcome to APUG.

7. Chazzy

Chazzy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG, Mac.