Battery for Canon 1n

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by WesternYouth, Mar 8, 2010.

1. WesternYouth

WesternYouth Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I bought a Canon 1n a few years ago off ebay. I love it but it came with a power booster that is completely unnecessary for the type of photographs that I take as well as adding useless weight to lug around. I have been looking for the original battery for this body and cannot find one. Does any one know where I can get one?

2. Shangheye

Shangheye Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Do you mean an EOS 1n? If yes, then the standard battery is the 2CR5, which is pretty much a standard battery you can buy in most photographic or hardware shops...rgds, Kal

3. flatulent1

flatulent1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You also need the short grip to convert it to a smaller camera, the battery goes inside this. If you don't have one, PM me.

4. WesternYouth

WesternYouth Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Ah that is what I needed the "short grip" (and the battery but I assume my local camera store can solve that problem).

Thank you so much!

5. flatulent1

flatulent1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The Canon GR-E1 was original equipment on the EOS 1 and 1N, and the GR-E2 was (I believe) original equipment on the 1V and 3. The GR-E2 added a little door behind which the battery hid, ostensibly for better weather sealing. No idea if it makes a difference. They both can be used on all four cameras, there is no special circuitry added that I'm aware of.