Bausch & Lomb Protar Series VIIa No. 8 complete!

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by jimgalli, Feb 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    [​IMG]

From time to time, I spend myself into oblivion and find my resources severely tapped. And, when that happens it means I have to dig into the lens stash of pieces that I have a bit of an emotional bond with that I thought I wasn't going to sell, and offer them. This is such a time.

[​IMG]

This is a Bausch & Lomb Series VIIa No. 8 triple convertible lens.

[​IMG]

It has all 3 possible aperture combinations engraved in the superbly finished barrel. The engraved part is a sleeve. You slide it off and rotate it for the lens combo in use, so the aperture indicator will be pointing at the correct scale.

[​IMG]

Glass is sweet, but the 11 3/4" cell does exhibit about 1/8th to 3/16ths inch of balsam seperation. Common on these, and it really doesn't affect the contrast or image. Gone by f8 or so. It is 7" combined, 11 3/16 and 13 3/4 seperates. It also includes the usually lost lens shade (didn't make it into the photos) that you screw into the barrel when using singles at the back. That cuts the glare from the threads and gives a fine finished look.

$225 + shipping please.

2. Rick A

Rick A Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ya'no, ya gotta stop puttin stuff up for sale that I want, but cannot afford. Arrghh...

3. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Thanks for the nice post Rick. Not to worry though. This is SOLD! Thanks All.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.