Bausch & Lomb Zeiss License 8X10 Tessar in Shutter!

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by jimgalli, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    [​IMG]

Here is a beautiful old lens that has been in a time warp for sure. This is 100 years old or a bit more.

[​IMG]

I'm dating it by the camera it came to me on, my Eastman Improved #2 7X11 which I believe to be a 1903 - 1910 - ish product. This lens lived on that camera for nearly a century.

[​IMG]

When I got it the shutter was beyond sticky so I put it in a drawer and pretty much forgot about it. Now then, the shutter is serviced and ready for another 100 years, and the glass is flawless! It's a beauty!

[​IMG]

Comes with a flange and ready to use! I just did some paper negs with this lens. I spaced elements 1 & 2 in the front group apart the width of a quarter. Then I re=installed the front group and screwed in so that it also had the quarter width space. SOFT FOCUS ala Wolly Velo Serie II but when I post the negs, you'll see while it's distinctively beautiful in it's own subtle way, it is not as soft as the Wollensak is.

I'd like $305 for this. Dirt cheap for a viable 8X10 lens that will stun you with it's smooth - sharp portraiture.

2. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    SOLD!

Thanks All!

:D:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.