Bay Area Accomodations

Discussion in 'Geographic Location' started by roteague, Apr 28, 2005.

1. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    All,

I will be in the Bay Area May 19 and 20 and I would like suggestions on where I could stay. I was thinking possibly around the Petaluma or Sonoma area, so I could be close to the city, without having to be in the city, and so I could get to Oakland on the 21st easily. Since I am recenly unemployed (as of May 13th) I don't want a very expensive place to stay.

Additionally, I need a source where I can easily purchase 4"x5" Fuji Velvia 50 in QuickLoads.

Also, if any area APUG members would like to get together, that would be a lot of fun. I'll be leaving the Bay Area on the 21st to drive to Portland for the Per Volquartz workshop - I'm very excited about this.

Thanks,

2. Aggie

Aggie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Robert, I don't know if you got my email. Lots of good places near me. GEARY can we use this as an excuse to have another bay area party? I will help pay for the food that you so expertly cook. Che (tomtom) you need to PM robert about film you carry.
    Robert I will take one of those days and show you all my favorite haunts in Napa valley. I will even drag you kicking and screaming to see the Ansel Adams gallery at one of the wineries that has a permenat display of close to 50 prints at any one time. They also have a very good rotating gallery of other newer artists. Since I don't drink, you can happily take pictures and sample to your hearts content.

3. Jon Shiu

Jon Shiu Subscriber

Shooter:
    Plastic Cameras
    There is a Calumet store in SF that would probably stock Velvia. Probably should call them to confirm, though.

Jon

4. jss

jss Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    hey, if there's a bay area get-together, keep me in the loop. i've been crazy busy (possibly buying the place i'm renting) but need a good excuse to shoot (the bull, and film).

5. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Thanks Aggie, I will take you up on your Napa offer. I'm flying into SFO at around 6am on the 19th and am planning on going to buy film as soon as I get there - I will need 3 boxes of Velvia 50 and 1 box of Acros in QuickLoad. I'll get back to you as soon as I have hotel reservations; it would be great to meet some of the Bay Area APUG group.

6. grahamp

grahamp Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The third week in May is graduation time for UC Berkeley, so staying in the East Bay (Berkeley/Oakland/Albany/El Cerrito) wouldn't be easy. It should be saner out Petaluma way. (There's a school of thought that says it always is...). For film, you have Calumet in SF, or Looking Glass in Berkeley. I like Looking Glass - good stock, pleasant people, 15 minutes from my office, and they open weekends.

I should be available in the evenings on the 19th/20th, though I am preparing for an open studio on the first weekend of June now. I will be frantic by the 20th!

7. Aggie

Aggie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    May 19th and 20th are two days you can get really inexpensive weekday rates near me. It would also put you near Geary's house, and HINT HINT I hope we can plan a get together there, or the place I am thinking about will have the space for all of us to do a party there in their conference room. Hopefully I will have the Jim Chinn camera by then as well and can show it to everyone.