Beginner looking for enlarger in SA or VIC

Discussion in 'Australia' started by gregmacc, Sep 12, 2009.

1. gregmacc

gregmacc Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I want a good quality second hand enlarger for B&W up to 6x6. I would prefer diffusion illumination and something that is quite common so that spares availability is not a problem. I live in Adelaide and would be prepared to drive to anywhere in SA/VIC to pick up. Retail or private is fine. I've got my eye on ebay and the Photographic Trader but nothing suitable so far. The local retailer does not have much either. Any ideas, retailers to try, units for sale? I would consider a complete dark room package. I might consider buying from further afield if reasonable courier costs could be arranged.
    Thanks

2. ozphoto

ozphoto Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Greg,

Total Photographics at Kent Town usually have a good selection of 2nd hand gear - I know they had a couple of LPL 6x7s a few weeks ago (1 was B&W the other had a colour head). That may have changed as they sometimes turn over quite quickly, and at other times have heaps hanging around.

Give Toby or Neil a buzz: 83631783 - let them know I suggested you call them.

If they don't have one in stock they might know of somebody who's getting ready to trade.

Good luck!

3. wotalegend

wotalegend Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If you can't find anything in Adelaide, try Photographic Warehouse in Melbourne (Bentleigh). I have never bought anything there, just peered in their window after hours. They seem to have quite a bit of s/h darkroom gear including several enlargers. Phone number is 03 9557 6666.

4. munz6869

munz6869 Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I have a spare Durst 6x6 FREE to a good home. It's at work at the mo' so I can't remember what lens is on it, but PM me!

Marc