Bellows Manufacturers North of the 49th?

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Paddy, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Paddy

Paddy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm looking to have the bellows off of an Ansco 8x10 replaced. I'm already aware of the various American suppliers, but was wondering if anyone knows of a Canadian company that might provide this service.

A few years ago I had the bellows for my Super Technika V (factory) replaced by Camera Bellows, in England. Compared to the original mid 60's vintage bellows, the new stuff's a thin yet sturdy synthetic material. Very nice.

I'm wondering what type of material the American companies use for their bellows: are they more like the original i.e. heavier/thicker/stiffer, or are any similar to what Camera Bellows offers?

The U.S companies that I've noted as supplying replacement bellows are:

- Universal Bellows,Freeport, NY
    - Great Western Bellows, Rancho Cucmonga, CA
    - Flexible Products in Florida (but possibly no longer in business?)

2. Jeff Dyck

Jeff Dyck Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    You might also try Richard Ritter (in Vermont) - http://www.lg4mat.net/

Richard hasn't done any bellows for me, but the repair work he did do was very good and with a quick turnaround.

3. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I just ordered one from Camera Bellows UK. They were easy to deal with, understood my requests, and they get such uniformly good reviews, I figured they were the best choice, even if it involves foreign shipping from New York.