Beseler 45mxt dichro dg colorhead works, includes manual and extra bulb

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by Luseboy, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Luseboy

Luseboy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello,
    I've got an older beseler dichro dg colorhead for the 45mx enlarger. Blue in color, in great shape. No rust. All filters included. No major damage. Completely functional. Includes the transformer, original manual, and one extra tungsten bulb. I'd be willing to ship, but its pretty heavy and large, so that will be expensive.
    Let me know if you are interested/have any questions. I will accept trades, and i have many other 45mx enlarger parts, including a condenser head, and a whole spare chasis that i'd be willing to part out.
    let me know if you're interested.
    -Austin

2. Mark Crabtree

Mark Crabtree Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I'm interested in the color head. I'm familiar with the later version with built in power supply, so need to find out a little more about your version. I'll google it later, but if you have pictures that would help.

I might be able to use the condenser head also. Maybe lensboards if you have those too.

3. Luseboy

Luseboy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'll see if i can get you a picture today. But the version im talking about is the earlier version, the transformer is a piece that clamps on to the accessory rails, and then it has a metal "tape" thats spring loaded so the weight of the transformer doesn't kill the motor. The condenser head i'm trying to sell is the newer version, grey in color. I just recently cleaned it, and it has no filter drawer, so it's pretty dust free. The bulb has tons of life left on it too, the enlarger i took it off had barely been used. there's no scratches to be seen on the condensers except on the edges, but they're all like that and you won't see them with a negative carrier in the enlarger. I have half of an adjustable lensboard, it's one of those metal-foam sandwich things. But it's missing the lens-side piece of metal. You could make it work by adding a piece to it, and it makes adjusting the enlarger easy! I'll throw that in for free.

4. Revolucion Artistico

Revolucion Artistico Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    If Mark decides he doesn't want the extra condenser head I'm interested. Thanks.

5. Luseboy

Luseboy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    cool sounds good!

mark just let me know what you decide. no rush though :smile:

6. Gary 5063

Gary 5063 Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Chassis

How much are you asking for the chassis?

7. Luseboy

Luseboy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    50 bucks would be sufficent. its big and heavy though, and im pretty sure shipping would be well over 100 dollars...

8. ann

ann Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    just an fyi. I recently sent a b22 to someone, I removed the base to make it easier to pack. THis enlarger is a light weight, I took it to UPS to pack as i didn't have the necessary materials. It cost 45.95 to ship and 40 dollars to pack. So i don't think 100 would even come close. I have moved around 45's more than once or even twice and couldn't even begin to pick it up with one hand, not so the b22,(once the base was removed)

9. Luseboy

Luseboy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ya the 45 isn't very take-apart-able. I know the b22 has almost a quick-release baseboard. I was able to take my b22 xl home in the back of my mini cooper. The 45 is humongous. I have shipped a bike for 30 dollars before though, and i think i'd be able to get it to ship for under 200, but at that point its probably not worth it anyways.

10. Mark Crabtree

Mark Crabtree Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Shipping should be a lot more reasonable to you. I'm happy to bow out for now; I could use it for an extra chassis I have, but really that enlarger is just going to sit around anyway until I run into someone who can use it.

11. Revolucion Artistico

Revolucion Artistico Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    To be clear I only need the condenser head not the chassis.

12. Luseboy

Luseboy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    cool, that will make shipping way cheaper and easier. shoot me a pm with your offer. I wont negotiate on this thread lol :smile:

13. Jose LS Gil

Jose LS Gil Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Do you have the bellows?
    I have an older 45 with bellows that are falling apart.
    As far as weight, I can pick up the 4x5 without any problems. Unless you have a CB7. That is a much heavier enlarger. The CB7 has controls built into the bottom of the baseboard. The frame is much sturdier than the regular 4x5 enlargers.

14. Luseboy

Luseboy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I do have bellows, but their condition isn't the best. They're not quite falling apart, but they aren't 100% either. I can't quite remember just how bad they are, i will check tomorrow, it's been a while since i have looked over the enlarger. But i know the bellows work fine, i used them for a while.

You must be super strong, i killed my back for a week after moving the enlarger down a few flights of stairs from my driveway to basement. and i'm 17! no i have a 45mxt. if it were a cb7, i'd be holding on to the chasis! i wish i had a cb7...

15. Jose LS Gil

Jose LS Gil Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have the older model with the struts facing forward. Only part of the baseboard. That is the way they were sold back then. I think the model might be called a 45MCR. Looks to be from the 50s.

16. ann

ann Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    jose,
    do you need the upper bellows or the lower?

if interesed i posted several for sale a month or so ago, a set of brand new uppers, never been out of the bag.

17. Luseboy

Luseboy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    So who's going to bite the bullet? send me a PM with your offer for whatever it is that you'd like. I'm working on a first come first served basis, so shoot me your offer for whatever it is that your heart most desires :smile:

18. Luseboy

Luseboy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  19. Rick A

Rick A Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Shipping via parcel post isn't as expensive as most think, Just try to keep packages as compact as possible. Parcel post just moves slower than snails. I just shipped an Omega Super 67xl dichro w/x-long column and all accessories from Pa. to the west coast for just under $40, sans baseboard.