Beseler 67C Condenser

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by fwnative54, Jan 21, 2013.

1. fwnative54

fwnative54 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have a Beseler 67C condenser enlarger and I could never get it to print correctly. Then I noticed that it is missing one of the condenser lenses. I was wondering if the condenser lenses from other Beseler enlargers such as the Printmaker 67, VC 67 or such were interchangeable with my enlarger? I haven't been able to find the condenser lens by itself, but was thinking I could buy the enlarger head from one of these other models and use the lenses from them.
    Or if anyone here knows a source for these lenses? I could buy new, but don't want to spend $150 for this just this.

2. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Beseler is now a shell of itself, but they are still open for business, so a telephone call might work.

FWIW, on their website they have exploded parts diagrams for both the current 67xlc and Printmaker 35/67 enlargers, and the 4" condenser assemblies for those two enlargers have the same part number: 10-42098.

Here is the website link: http://www.beselerphoto.com/parts/

3. ann

ann Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Let me check at school. We got rid of several hobby type enlargers and I removed the condesner lenses "just because", if i have them I will get back to you and send them along.

4. fwnative54

fwnative54 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks for all he info. Ann, let me know if you have some condensers. I would really appreciate it

5. ann

ann Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    send me a pm so it will be easier to get in touch.

6. fotch

fotch Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If Ann does not have the condensers, post the size here. I have condensers from an Omega 67 that may fit or be close enough to work. Just a thought.

7. M Carter

M Carter Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    The 67c has three condensers - the bottom-most two (the big ones labeled "A" - where the convex sides face each other, the bottom pointing up and the top pointing down) are always left in the enlarger.

The top-most condenser was used for 35mm negs only. My 67c manual has an addendum stating that the newer version - which uses the 75 watt frosted PH140 edison-base (standard household socket) screw-in bulb vs. the older bayonet style bulb - doesn't need the top condenser for 35mm negs, and that they stopped including it with the enlarger, but left the slot for it vs. re-tooling the condenser box casting.

So... if that' the one you're missing, you may be good.