beseler auto reversing motor base

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by johnielvis, Dec 31, 2012.

1. johnielvis

johnielvis Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    There was once a post with the wiring diagram for this--it was a three phase motor with the wiring for single phase auto-reverse mode--can someone provide that wiring diagram or a pointer to that thread/post, please/

2. Mike Wilde

Mike Wilde Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have one from many years ago, not currently in use, but a backup fro when my roller processor dies.

The arcing on the reversing switch kills the contacts after a while. After about 4 years of moderate use in the late 80's.

My unit had a DPDT switch, and the reversing circuit only used one half of it, so I just moved the leads to the spare side, and added some snubbing capacitors.

Still working ok to this day.

3. johnielvis

johnielvis Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    yes is nothing broken--the wiring diagram is needed for modification.

4. johnielvis

johnielvis Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    on taking one apart--it appears this is a two-phase motor which gets two phase by a capacitor split--

the interest here is SPEED CONTROL

does anyone know of a quick and dirty method of getting the line frequency to say get halved or otherwise slowed down without getting a VFD? say some kind of rectifier rig that can flip flop store in a capacitor and get some kind of half frequency output? This has GOT to have been done before....