Beseler Dichro 67

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by pinhole_dreamer, Nov 29, 2011.

1. pinhole_dreamer

pinhole_dreamer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm watching a couple of bids on evil bay for a power supply. What do I need to search for a lens board and lens for medium format? (I have two lens boards for 35mm lenses and two lenses.)

Thanks!

2. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There is just one type of lens board for these enlargers. Unlike some enlargers, they are almost universally just boards with holes drilled in them - it is rare to see one that is threaded. Instead, the lens is placed on the board, with the threads protruding through the hole, and it is held there by screwing a threaded "retaining" ring on to those threads. You need to make sure you acquire the right retaining ring to match those threads, but they are easy to find new.

The only thing that varies from one installation to the next is the size of the hole you need to have drilled in the lens board in order to fit the lens you are using.

The most common size of hole is 39mm, because that is the most common size of thread in enlarger lenses. Other sizes are used in a few lenses though.

Typically, enlarger manufacturers sell both pre-drilled lens boards (different models just have different sized holes) plus un-drilled boards that one can have a machine shop drill for them, to fit unusual lenses.

So search first for a 75 or 80 or 90 mm lens, check the thread size, and then match it with the correctly drilled board.

Here is a listing for a standard, 39mm lens board for your enlarger: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Beseler-6723-39mm-thread-Lens-board-67-Enlarger-/380341789172?pt=US_Lens_Boards&hash=item588e2321f4

You will note that the board is fairly small. Because of that, there are probably a few lenses that won't work with your enlarger, due to their unusual size, but you are not likely to encounter them in the focal lengths you are considering.

3. pinhole_dreamer

pinhole_dreamer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks! Now I just have to wait until after Christmas to make any purchases. :whistling: