Beseler Dichro DG-1 power supply connector pinout

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by usuthu65, Oct 9, 2012.

1. usuthu65

usuthu65 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi all,

I am trying to find out what the voltage pinout is for the 5 bladed connector on the old (Blue) Beseler Dichro DG-1 colorhead going to the transformer power supply. The supply did not come with the head and I need to jury rig a replacement. The connector is the nearly black one in the attached image, taken from another person who has the complete setup.

Thanks in advance.

12783003.jpg

2. Chan Tran

Chan Tran Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    borrow the unit from your friend and measure the voltage. I don't have a schematic (I do have one for the CB-7 but only up to the AC plug but not include the transformer or color head). I have mine in storage but I have measured the voltage before. It's two 24VAC supply plus ground that what I remember. Because it's 2 24VAC supply I did thought I could substitute the transformer with 2 10A 24VDC regulated supply and have a very stable light output.

3. usuthu65

usuthu65 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Actually the photo was from an auction I found a while ago so sadly no friend to borrow from. Sorry to be confusing. However, I think you have given me the key and I'll try to trace wires beyond this point inside the chassis, especially if it's that simple.

Correction: in your reply, you used 24 VAC in two places but 24 VDC in another. Is this a simple transformer (i.e. AC to AC) or do the lamps need DC voltage?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2012
  4. Chan Tran

Chan Tran Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Oh I am sorry for confusing you. The 5 pin connector I believe 2 pins each to each lamp and a ground. You can easily verify that with an ohm meter. Both lamps takes 24VAC and that's all.
    I was talking about replacing the transformer with DC power supply to have more stable voltage. Sorry for confusing you.