Beseler Lens Board for a Schneider 80mm Lens

Discussion in 'Enlarging' started by david b, Mar 4, 2004.

1. david b

david b Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I am in need of a Beseler lens board for a Schneider 80mm lens.

The problem is, the lens is a 25mm mount.

Any idea where I can get one?

The big NYC shops don't carry them.

2. Aggie

Aggie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Is this for enlarger or camera? Excuse the blond roots but I'm still learning to spot the difference. If it is for the enlarger I have 3 spare lens boards. One is undrilled.

3. photomc

photomc Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    David,
    You may need to get a standard Beseler 4x4in. drilled. Do not remember if you said, do you have a 23C or 45? This will make a difference as well, have you checked with Camera&Darkroom there off the plaza? Would think they might be of some help, at least they should know if someone local can drill a blank board for you. Also, have you located a 25mm lock nut or is it for a threaded lensboard? (sorry not familiar with the lens).

4. david b

david b Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    This is for a Beseler 45 enlarger. I refused to do business with camera & darkroom.

5. Konical

Konical Subscriber

A year or two ago, I bought a Beseler-type lensboard for my MCR-X from either Columbus Camera or Midwest Camera; I can't recall which one. I'm not sure now about the price, but it was extremely reasonable, and I do recall that, apparently, these boards were then in stock as a standard item.

Konical

6. happysnapper

happysnapper Member

23C and MX series all take the same lensboard. Try Freestyle, Adorama, B&H, MPEX.COM, Samy's Camera, Calumet. All should stock the item, you pick the best price for you.