Beseler Printmaker 35 Manual?

Discussion in 'Enlarging' started by ChristopherCoy, Oct 1, 2011.

1. ChristopherCoy

ChristopherCoy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    So my ten cent ebay buy arrived, but the enlarger was taken apart and packed extremely well. So far I've got the pole mounted to the board, I've got the head on the pole, but thats about as far as I've gotten. I know that the little glass condenser plate slides into the head under the bulb, but I dont know which slot. I think there is two.

The other thing I'm having trouble with is the lens board, I know where it goes, but it seems a little loose. And there is this part that looks like a cap for the top of the pole, but it has a metal coil in it and I can't figure out how it goes on.

Does anyone have a link to an instruction manual for the Beseler PM 35? Otherwise it'll be another $20 purchase for one on ebay.

2. Jon Shiu

Jon Shiu Subscriber

Shooter:
    Plastic Cameras
    There should be a condenser diagram on the back of the slide up front cover. Oh, apparently there is no diagram. Someone describes the positioning for the 35 on this: http://photo.net/black-and-white-photo-printing-finishing-forum/00Wfbs

The lens board goes into a spring loaded slot in the back. You push it back and then the front rests on a little shelf. You can shim the board with tape to make it tighter.

Not sure about the coil thing, may be a counter-balance spring to counteract the weight of the head. Do you have a picture?

Jon

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2011
  3. Valerie

Valerie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I think I have some manuals in my classroom. I'll be there Monday and can check for you. If so, will scan and send.

4. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  5. ChristopherCoy

ChristopherCoy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks Valerie, Jon, and Matt! All of that is GREAT help!