Beseler Support!!!

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by Roger Thoms, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Roger Thoms

Roger Thoms Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Just moved my Beseler 45MX enlarger and broke the motor switch. I checked Beselers website, found the parts diagram and parts list. With the part number in hand I called them and ordered the part. Awesome support for an enlarger that I bought used 15 years ago.

Roger

2. john_s

john_s Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Like a lot of US manufacturers, Beseler have used a lot of standard parts generally available, so the spare parts situation is quite good. Obviously some parts are made for specific models. The situation can be different with some European enlargers: they can be very elegant and efficient, but spare parts can be a big problem.

I gather that Beseler is still in business because they make other non-photographic machines.

3. Roger Thoms

Roger Thoms Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Yes they are still in business, and I'm sure it's their none photographic side that's keeping them afloat. Their excellent customer service doesn't hurt either. They where super helpful on the phone and great to deal with. The switch was a little pricey but it saved me from having to run around to electronics stores or search around online and so it was worth it. Several years ago I needed a screw for a Beseler 4 bladed easel and they sent in no charge. Nice easel btw. Anyway I just think it's great that they are still in business and supporting there products.

Roger

4. Wolfeye

Wolfeye Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Ah the telephone, such a quaint device. Try emailing them. :smile: You may as well email Santa Claus and are more likely to hear back.

5. Roger Thoms

Roger Thoms Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Yes, the telephone, don't know why I thought if that but it worked like a charm. :smile:

Roger

6. Tom Taylor

Tom Taylor Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    +1 On Beseller support/customer service. And yes, they even answer the phone and if you get the answering machine and leave your name and telephone number, they will even call you back - same day, usually within the hour IME.

Thomas

7. zsas

zsas Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Wonderful story! Glad all's swell for ya! Glad I've a Beseler too :smile:. Thankfully it's been a rock I've never needed me to call the support line

8. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've heard previous complaints about their lack of response to emails.

Maybe they should either:

1) discontinue their public email address; or
    2) program an automatic response which just tells people to telephone.

I understand the temptation to put emails on a low priority. Email can be the greatest time waster ever. And it can be a great assistance too.

9. rorye

rorye Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I have a burned out motor on my 45MX and it didn't even occur to me to call them.
    I know what I'll be doing tomorrow!

10. JBrunner

JBrunner Moderator Staff Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I found and ordered some small spring or some such for the negative tray for a seriously old 4x5. It showed up promptly. Inside the postal envelopr was a small Manila envelope at least as old as the enlarger. Contained therein was the part. AAAAAA++++++