Bessa R3M infinity alignment, how to adjust?

Discussion in 'Rangefinder Forum' started by Andy K, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Andy K

Andy K Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Dropped my Bessa today and now the rf infinity alignment is slightly off. Looked all over for a 'how to' with no luck. All I could find is how to adjust the vertical alignment, and that is no use to me.

2. haris

haris Guest

Mine Bessa R2A had infinity alignment off from time I bought it. I was said it is due to short RF base. I checked by focusing on plain subject (grafiti on wall) with largest aperture of lens - f2,5 - (camera on tripod of course) on closest focus, 1 meter, 2 ,3 ,5, 7, 10, and as focus was allways good, I simply forget about it. It was 2 years ago, and I have no problems with focusing.

Me too didn't find nowhere how to align Bessa. I found for Konica S2 Auto (have it too), but not for Bessa. I think it is simillar procedure, but I need manual how to open top cover... :smile:

Sorry for not be able to help and good luck Andy...

3. John Koehrer

John Koehrer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Andy
    Are there any screws on the front of the camera next to the viewfinder or rangefinder windows?.
    Leicas, both M and screwmount use a screw to cover the adjustment point.
    Check out an image of an M & you'll see what I mean. If nothing like that, check inside the body above the lens mount. There should be a follower that rides on the back of the lens. Look for a tiny screw near the pivot.

Vertical is usually under the accessory shoe.

4. pedrosolorzano

pedrosolorzano Member

Shooter:
    35mm