Best focusing screen for an RZ67 ProIID

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Matthew Cherry, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Matthew Cherry

Matthew Cherry Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've been shooting with an RZ67 ProII for years, but always in a "stock" configuration. I just recently picked up a ProIID and am picking up a few accessories for it (L-Grip, Winder II, etc.). I've noticed that there are a number of different focusing screens for it and am considering getting a split rangefinder type screen. I believe that is the "E" version. While researching this, I noticed a number of other screens made by Mamiya as well as some third party screens, which report to offer a brighter image on the ground glass.

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with these screens and can offer any recommendations.

Thanks!

2. EdSawyer

EdSawyer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have a brightscreen 20/20 based off an original mamiya screen. Much brighter and snappier, definitely recommended and worth the price.

3. markbarendt

markbarendt Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have the rangefinder style for my RB and it is great.

4. Matthew Cherry

Matthew Cherry Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Cool, thanks guys. Going to see if Brightscreen makes a rangefinder version.

5. EdSawyer

EdSawyer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    They will modify any version, I believe. I find the stock micro-prism only to be better than split image, personally. less distracting, I think.