Best Hasselblad 500 c radio flash wireless trigger.

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by chef_IBK, Sep 28, 2009.

1. chef_IBK

chef_IBK Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    My first choice is the Elinchrom universal set to go with Metz cl45 or ct45 dunno yet... i need kind of cheap solid ligth portable solution... any suggestions...
    cheers
    A.A.

2. brucemuir

brucemuir Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I use the skyport but the biggest problem is the cable/pc cord from my older "C" lens and the skyport I have velcroed to the side of the 'blad body.

The sync connections on "C" lenses are notoriously temperamental. I even have a few "Hasselblad tip" PC cables I got from Paramount and those work with a pack setup but they are household end so you either need an adapter or a dedicated PC to 1/8th mini phone cable for a skyport universal trigger. Most of the the PC ends on the PC to miniphone cables aren't long enough to fully make a good connection on the "C" lense socket.

You usually end up with gaffers tape to get the PC to connect fully. A Pocket wizard will have the same issues so just make sure you get several PC to mini phone connectors in hopes one will work.

Good luck.

3. jamie

jamie Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    how about cybersyncs?

4. brucemuir

brucemuir Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Any wireless triggers from any manufacturer will need to be connected to the sync socket on the lens because the 500c and c/m has no hot shoe that is HOT.

The later versions from Zeiss (CF etc) have a better sync connector but I'm shooting all "C" T* lenses so I'm stuck with the older style connector.

5. chef_IBK

chef_IBK Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    thx i figured that out at the store where i took some unknown radio triggs and two bargain Metz...
    Ciao