Best source for quality printing of slide film?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by rrobinson54, Apr 1, 2005.

1. rrobinson54

rrobinson54 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    After a couple years of trying to like digital, I have gone back to shooting film. I use a Pentax 645N with 120mm macro, 45-85mm & 80-160mm lenses. So far, all I have used with the camera has been Fuji Provia 100 and have been really happy with the slide results. Now, I am trying to locate a quality lab to print some of my Provia slides. I do not have my own darkroom and do not have any plans to add one right now. I do not own a medium format film scanner yet, so cannot go the digital processing method.

Who are some of the better slide printing services? I live in Binghamton, NY (3 hours west of NYC, 1 hour south of Syracuse). Thank you for your opinions.

2. Donald Miller

Donald Miller Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    West Coast Imaging

3. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Ditto.... They do all my work. But, they are not cheap.

4. sbuczkowski

sbuczkowski Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You might also try The Slideprinter (slideprinter.com) in colorado. They've done much of my slide printing in the last year and I've been very pleased with the work and the price.

Steven

5. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I've used The Slideprinter in Denver since 1995 and have nothing but praise for them also. They are less pricey than WCI. A bit more Mom & Pop although I know they're struggling trying to amortize expensive light jet 5000 technology.

6. David Henderson

David Henderson Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I find it worthwhile to send transparencies from UK to West Coast Imaging.