Best Tech Pan gallery?

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by PKM-25, Nov 26, 2004.

1. PKM-25

PKM-25 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I want to see what is possible with this film. I shot a couple rolls like...15 years ago and liked what I got.

Who's the best "Techy"??

Yes, I know it is dicontinued. I bought the last 4 bulk rolls from B&H. Have about 4 more coming from another source.

2. Donald Miller

Donald Miller Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    There was an article in Photo Techniques last month.

3. JackRosa

JackRosa Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Excellent film, in my opinion. Super sharp! Very contrasty, however when developed in Technidol developer. I would use 80% of the time recommended by Kodak and rate the film at EI = 32.

Agitation is stricky ... follow Kodak's directions carefully.

Hope this helps.

4. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    [​IMG]

Here's one of mine, circa 1985. The scan isn't so great, but the detail in the print is pretty remarkable. As with K-25, I eventually gave it up when I learned it was easier to get just better results by using a bigger camera. Of course, if I were really obsessive, I could use Tech Pan in 4x5" or 8x10" (which is really expensive compared to other kinds of sheet film), but I don't really make huge enlargements, so I can select a film more on the basis of tonality than issues like grain or the resolution of the film.

I think I've got a three-pack of Technidol lying around somewhere that I don't need. PM me your mailing address, and I can send it to you.

5. roy

roy Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    If you 'google' search the name Hugh Milsom, he is a photographer who uses Infra-red and Tech.Pan films.

6. djklmnop

djklmnop Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format