Best way to mail large prints??

Discussion in 'Presentation & Marketing' started by Matt5791, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Matt5791

Matt5791 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I think I am going to have to mail a 16X12 FB print soon.

What is the best way to do this? Should I put it flat in a stiff card envelope and hope nobody bends it in two, or can they be rolled up to go in a tube - or does this damage them?

Thanks for any help,

Matt

2. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    For prints of this size, I like the method used by West Coast Imaging. Print goes in an archival plastic sleeve with an interleaving sheet covering the face of the print. Sleeve is taped to an oversized corrugated cardboard sheet. One more corrugated sheet goes under the first one, and two sheets go over the print, and then all four sheets are packaged in a corrugated cardboard box. Any additional materials or documents can go between two of the other sheets of cardboard. It's a very sturdy package.

3. Alex Hawley

Alex Hawley Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I use 1/8 inch masonite or 1/4" wood paneling, the cheapest you can find. Cut it about 2 inches oversize. Wrap the print in an archival sleeve, a piece of tissue paper covering the print itself, then sandwich between the two pieces of paneling. Seal with copious amounts of duct tape.

In addition to whatever comments I may get back on the print, I always get a comment about how its packaged. :wink:

4. NikoSperi

NikoSperi Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Talk to Jorge! :smile:
    Mexico to Milano easy...
    Yes, plywood was used.

5. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Yes, they do an excellent job. I just got a box like this from them containing one 20x24, one 16x20, one 11x14 and one 8x10. The box was solid as a rock.

6. Jim Jones

Jim Jones Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If you anticipate frequent mailings like this, check out Uline. They have a great variety of mailing and shipping containers.