Big Cameras at Kerik and Sandys Workshops?

Discussion in 'Workshops & Lectures' started by Dave Wooten, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Dave Wooten

Dave Wooten Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    My Ultimate Vacation!

I'd like to touch base with any apugers going to Kerik and or Sandy's Workshops in Montana.....I'd like to bring up a 7 x 17 and a 14 x 17, if there are any apuger's in the class wanting to "meet' such wonderful beasts in person, feel free to grab some J and C film and make some exposures while you are there, I understand we will have time to do some shooting.

I have been able to clear my schedule for the first week with Kerik and am working on the second week to do the carbon class with Sandy.

I think there are a few spots left at this time and these are going to fill up-would sure like to meet some of you apugers....

Dave in Vegas

2. Aggie

Aggie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Dave Don't forget Per's workshop in Nov. The one held in Zion National Park. One of the days, we all set up our cameras in a group, and have a look at brands and sizes we have not seen before. This year looks to have many ULF cameras.

3. Dave Wooten

Dave Wooten Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Ok Aggie,

What was that date again, I remember committing to go to that one-I will be there, Lord willing and the creek don't rise!

Dave in Vegas

4. Aggie

Aggie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    the precise date hasn't been set yet, but it will be the first part of Nov. When the fall colors are best.

5. colrehogan

colrehogan Member

Shooter:
    Large Format Pan
    Dave,
    Are you driving there? Or how would you ever get a camera that big onto a plane? I'm just wondering as I'm planning to take Kerik's workshop in October.

6. Dave Wooten

Dave Wooten Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Yes Diane I will be driving up from Las Vegas, It is actually a nice ride...Rt 15 4 lane all the way to Butte and then Interstate 90 to Missoula then 89 up to Condon....piece of cake.....

Any Apuggers considering Kerik's class and maybe deterred by the cost and inconvenience of the flight into Montana is more than welcome to fly into Vegas and ride up with me....often flights into Vegas are quite affordable. I will have plenty of room for one or two apuggers and gear-Ford Excursion diesel-roomy-its a monster-

I have in the past packed 8 x10 equipment and shipped it ahead via UPS and have never had a problem.....Last year I shipped to the Florida Keys UPS and flew care free....I recommend it and you can reasonable insure etc.

Let me know----
    Dave in Vegas

7. vet173

vet173 Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Dave, I'm signed up for Sandys carbon workshop. Just closed the deal on my 8x10 today and will have it there. I really would like to see the beast. I just picked up a hugo meyer plasmat 480 F5.6 with 830 F11 front. and a Georz berlin420 F5.6 Dogmar. Glass is pretty clean. I picked them up for longs on the 8x10 but research indicates I could go up to 20x24. Are ya drooling yet. I'm driving my dakota 4x4 from seattle area. I'm going to make time to shoot. Sunsets are late this far north. I plan on getting up into the mountains while there. Any body got a motor drive for a dorff?
    Later, John

8. Dave Wooten

Dave Wooten Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Thanks John,

Yep I'm a drooler....am hoping to get into Sandys class also...right now I could stay the weekend or into Tues....am working on it. Will look forward to meeting you...

Any apugers in the area at that time

9. sanking

sanking Restricted Access

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I will most likely be there with my 7X17 and 12X20 cameras, both Canhams. Will be working in San Antonio for a couple of weeks in June and from there will most likely spend a week or so in southeast Utah before making my way to Montana.

There will be plenty of time to photograph in the afternoons after the end of the work day. Typically we would knock off around 4 -5 pm but since it does not get dark up there until some time after 9 pm that leaves a lot of time to get out and make some negatives before the sun sets.

Sandy

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2005
  10. Dave Wooten

Dave Wooten Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    looks like we have a posse!

11. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I may try to venture down that way as well, so I can meet some of the apuggers, I am only about 50 miles north of there and it would be great to shake hands and tell some lies together and maybe waste some film.

Dave Parker
    Satin Snow Ground Glass

And in case of any mishaps, I can make sure to have to screens with me.

12. Dave Wooten

Dave Wooten Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Excellent Dave,

I'd love to A B the glass! If it helps my old eyes, I'd be more than willing to change out my glass- Wista 8 x 10, Wisner 7 x 17 and 14 x 17-