Black Rapid straps

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by Mainecoonmaniac, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Mainecoonmaniac

Mainecoonmaniac Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    On a recent trip overseas, I shot with a couple of film cameras. The straps were literally a pain in the neck. Out of frustration, I got a Black Rapid strap. I haven't done any field testing, but what should I expect? I shoot both 2 1/4 as well as 35mm and I like being able to use one strap with a couple of cameras with the Black Rapid.

2. tron_

tron_ Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have a knockoff Black Rapid strap that is IDENTICAL to the original. I know this because I compared mine to the BR one and they were identical except mine had a Q on it and not an R.

I like'd it on my DSLR, it was comfy and it was easy to shoot the camera. Personally I don't think i would ever use it on a 35mm or medium format body though. Usually for my 35mm cameras I prefer a wrist strap (something about a big modern BR strap on a classic 35mm body just irks me). And on my medium format setup, I use the Mamiya strap because there's no way I want my RZ hanging upside down at my side hahaha.

3. Mainecoonmaniac

Mainecoonmaniac Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for your input. I still have to test out my new strap. I wouldn't want my RZ hanging up side down off of my new BR strap either. As a matter of fact, I rarely use straps at all on the beast. The thing is so heavy with my prism, that the strap cuts into my neck. I plan to use it with my Canon F1n and my Zeiss Ikonta.

Best,
    Don

4. tron_

tron_ Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I think it would be perfectly functional with the F1n and Ikonta. By the way, I wish I had an Ikonta!