blackrapid strap for large polaroid cameras?

Discussion in 'Instant Cameras, Backs and Film' started by Dikaiosune01, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Dikaiosune01

Dikaiosune01 Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Large Format
    Ive been playing with the idea of adding a shoulder strap on my polaroid. I wanted some input and feedback. Your contribution is appreciated.

Im using a polaroid 110b with a graflox back. Shooting a range of 6x9 to instant film to 4x5 film.

After shooting for a few hours my arm was killing me. So a strap came to mind. Im proposing the black rapid rs4 to be put on the tripod mount on the polaroid 110b.

- is it a good idea to leave the camera folded out? Or leave the strap only when the camera is closed? (I am concerned about bending the frame.)
    any other concerns i did not consider?
  2. M. Lointain

M. Lointain Member

Jun 1, 2011
    Multi Format
    Take off the leather hand strap and replace it with a regular strap, preferably a neoprene strap if you are worried about the weight. I use a Tamrac leather strap on mine. You don't have to worry about leaving the camera open if you use a regular strap since the back of the camera will rest against your body. I would skip that Black Rapid strap. Your camera will flop all over the place with a good chance of ruining something, like the bellows, or maybe important parts of your body getting poked by the twisting camera. Looks like a waste of money to me. There is a lot of junk out there for gear centric people with a lot of money to waste.