Bluefire Police Film?

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by John L, Dec 11, 2004.

1. John L

John L Member

Shooter:
    35mm
  2. ann

ann Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    i have. It has been a very long time since i used Tech pan, like 1983; so i really can't compare. I thought the bfp was fun, strange with a clear base, but sharp. Did't do any serious testing as i have a whole fridge of film and need to use that before doing much else. THe batch i bought had a short time span, which is not meant to be a knock, just i was never sure when i would be using it, so i was hesitate to invest in many more rolls. in fact i have two in the fridge now, and heaven only knows when i will get around to using the film.

give it a try. can't hurt.

3. captainwookie

captainwookie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There is also MACO TP 64 which also claims to be a replacement.

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_prod.php?cat_id=&pid=5531

I was thinking of giving it a try once I've gone through all the Technical Pan in my freezer. It does not sound like Bluefire Police has the extended red sensitivity, also it doesn’t come in 120. However, I don't know if MACO TP 64 also has the extended red sensitivity.

4. Brac

Brac Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I'm sure I read somewhere that Maco TP 64 is actually Efke 50. If that's correct then it definitely doesn't have extended red sensitivity.

5. jandc

jandc Member

Maco UP64+ is EFKE 50.

TP64 is a different Efke emulsion designed as a Tech Pan like film. It is a bit grainer than Tech Pan but also faster. It is very sharp and has normal red sensitivity not reduced sensitivity like Efke 50.

6. Ektagraphic

Ektagraphic Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    This is an old thread...but I figured I would recycle as I have the same questions. I am thinking of giving this film a try- I'm wondering how the developer is that frugal photographer sells to go with it. Has anyone used this?

7. Ektagraphic

Ektagraphic Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Anybody out there using this film?

8. Pioneer

Pioneer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have looked at it once or twice. Since I am using Adox CMS 20 II, Rollei RPX 25, and TMX 100, I have no shortage of sharp films to work with. The price does look tempting.

9. Alan Johnson

Alan Johnson Subscriber