Bogen 3221 center column release lever

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by nsurit, Aug 30, 2010.

1. nsurit

nsurit Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Somehow the release lever on the center column for my Bogen 3221 has gone missing. Anyone have an extra? Bill Barber

2. Mike Wilde

Mike Wilde Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I here in Canada deal with the thing branded as Manfrotto, but the same product. I have broken leg clamp clips a few times, and have been able to buy replacements; I am one spare ahead at the moment.

The center column release lever on mine is designed, by pushing and turning half a turn, to be removable. It has a little allen key in it , and when removed, can be used to take off the centre column extension, or tighten the head mount. If you get a replacement, be sure to stretch the little spring that keeps it popping iff inadvertently so it does not do this again.

3. nsurit

nsurit Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Bogen/Manfrotto doesn't have the part. It seemed to be poorly designed. The reply said they did have a trade in program, which doesn't help me get my perfectly good tripod functioning. Bill Barber

4. photomc

photomc Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Bill, look at this site..they show the 'new' part that replaced the one you lost and list the old part as not available.

Hope it helps.

5. nsurit

nsurit Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thank you. I'm probably not going to attempt to fix it. I'll just use it without the center column.