Bogen 3435 ball head and 3416 leveling base spacer???

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by Greg_E, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Greg_E

Greg_E Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I finally bought what I consider a decent ball head on ebay. It's a Bogen 3435 Proball and a 3416 leveling base, and it just arrived (pictures below).
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now here is the problem... In order to use the leveling base with my tripod, I need to raise the whole thing above the tripod mounting platform or the leveling screw will hit the platform. Does anyone know of a part that I can use to raise the head above the tripod? I found this but not sure if it will work http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/68274-REG/Bogen_Manfrotto_3261_3261_Tripod_Spacer.html since there isn't much info given on the product. But it is the type of spacer that I'm looking for. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Greg_E

Greg_E Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  3. John Koehrer

John Koehrer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Greg,
    Both of the adapters you're looking at are female->female. You may find yourself needing male->female.
    Why not use the head without the leveling base?

4. Greg_E

Greg_E Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Female/female can be made to work with a much longer bolt to fasten the spacer to the tripod, so I'm not too worried. I need to buy a long 3/8-16 eye bolt to use to hold the head on, then I can also use the eye to hang weights or tie it down. And since the adjustments on my tripod can be a little crude, the leveling base might be nice. If I decide it is a hassle, I'll sell it. Didn't realize how much those went for new, so I should be in good shape for the price I paid. And at any rate, the second adapter is on the way, so too late to do anything else.