1. Michel Hardy-Vallée

Michel Hardy-Vallée Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi everyone,

I am a newly convert to the practice of film photography, having been handed down by my father an old Praktica L, screw mount, just before the holidays. I've been joking at work with people that I was doing "analog photography" for a while, so when I found this forum I suspected it would be of interest... I am a native French-speaking Québécois with a BA in English Lit (going back for an MA this fall, yippee!!), and because I'm working for a software company, I hold dearly to my all-manual camera to remind me of the analog world.

I'm a total newbie, still wet from reading Ansel Adams, not having even been screw(mount)ed once on yePay. As I said above, I use a completely manual camera, partly because that's what I found, and now partly because it matters to me that I can do things during a power outage. I am unhealthily attracted to the prospect of buying a reasonable TLR (Yashica-mat 124, not G, is to me the more attractive and available model so far, although I dream of Autocords) to try out medium format. I did buy a SoHo cadet as my first MF camera, but it's really just an attractive point & shoot...

I've been shooting mostly black and white so far, obviously to fathom the [zZ]one system, but also because my father, an old-timer amateur, has his own darkroom. All in all I appreciate photography in all its forms, and am avid for knowledge, which explains my partly schizophrenically alternating life choices.

You seem like a smart bunch, and I'm looking forward for nice exchanges!

PS: Si il y a des francos dans la salle, on doit aller poster en masse pour sortir les forums du bêta!

2. Flotsam

Flotsam Member

Sacre Bleu! :rolleyes:

3. Konical

Konical Subscriber

Bonsoir, MHV,

Et bienvenue d'Illinois.

Konical

4. Aggie

Aggie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    au voutre santeine....... I know that is speled wrong.but i hope you get the idea.

5. rbarker

rbarker Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to the warm and toasty world of ana logs, MHV. :wink:

6. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Willkommener Freund :-'))

7. Bill Mobbs

Bill Mobbs Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I don't speak French, but I do have a Yashica! Welcome! You will enjoy being here!

8. Glenn Mathison

Glenn Mathison Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG from Glenn in Sydney, Australia.

Enjoy your time here!

My First MF camera was a Yashica LM, and I still use it sometimes. It's great!

Glenn

9. BWGirl

BWGirl Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG!!
    I keep looking longingly at those cute little TLRs, too! :wink: But my Hassy will have none of it!
    There's a lot going on here! Welcome!

10. Earl Dunbar

Earl Dunbar Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Boujour la, mhv! Je viens de Stratford, ON, mais maintenant j'habite a Rochester, NY, chez Le Grand Pere Jaune! :-D

Oh... Go Leafs Go!

Earl