Book about infrared photography

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews, Shows & Contests' started by 6x6x9, Feb 16, 2007.

1. 6x6x9

6x6x9 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Dear APUG members!
    Which book would you recommend to the begginer in infrared photography. Let's say that I'm the one who want's to understand the topic thoroughly, not just scratch the surface. So, I need the book that contains informations ranging from choosing the right IR film and filters, exposing, focusing, through developing, printing etc. Shortly, everything about IR!
    Thank you for you recommendations!

2. winger

winger Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'd recommend Infrared Photography Handbook by Laurie White. She shows several examples with different filters, different film, etc... It's a good basic book to get started with, I think.

3. BarryWilkinson

BarryWilkinson Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  4. winger

winger Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Barry, thanks for posting that link. I hadn't heard of him before and I think I'll ahve to go look for his work now.

5. colrehogan

colrehogan Member

Shooter:
    Large Format Pan
    both of these books are excellent. Also, if you are interested in learning about color IR photography, I would like to suggest Stephen H. Begleiter's book titled, The Art of Color Infrared Photography.

6. Woolliscroft

Woolliscroft Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There used to be a Kodak guide book that I found useful. I had it for years, but then lost it whilst moving house and I can't now remember the author and exact title. Big help huh, but it would probably come up on a web search.

David.