Bosscreens / intenscreens

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Aurelien, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Aurelien

Aurelien Advertiser Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Hi Guys,

I own two largeformat cameras: one linhof technikardan bisystem and one Horseman 45HF.

I am not satisfied with either focusing screens.

I want to buy one intenscreen for m horseman, and a bosscreen for the linhof.

But I cannot have any information from Bosscreen. They read my email, but never answer.

Do somebody know if they are still in activity?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2013
  2. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I believe the Horseman HF should have come with a fresnel sandwiched with the ground glass, just like the FA. Is that so on your camera? I'd not replace the screens on that camera unless you know how the check the focus to ensure you new screen is in the correct place.

3. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    4 years ago I posted a link to the german importer of Bosscreens from which could be deduced that the manufacture of those screens had been stopped.
    That link as my memory have vanished...

4. Aurelien

Aurelien Advertiser Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Yes , I have the fresnel from Horseman.
    So I should replace only the focusing screen, no?

5. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I think the problem is going to be the Bosscreen needs to be the only screen to give you any potential benefit.
    I think the original setup on the Horseman is fantastic, it is a high quality glass and plastic fresnel. Look at the way the cross lines on the screen are formed from 'clear' areas rather than opaque lines. I'm surprised you don't find it adequate. Are you using a very slow lens?