Boston round bottles in Canada

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by Benoît99, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Benoît99

Benoît99 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I'm trying to find amber Boston round bottles in Canada. The only sources I have found accept only full case orders. No one seems to sell broken case quantities (1 to 10 bottles). Does anyone know of a Canadian source?

2. Ronald Moravec

Ronald Moravec Member

Buy the full case and double the caps, preferably with the inverted cone inserts. Caps get lost, broken, cruddy. Clean the sealing surface and threads before capping for much less trouble.

3. Michael R 1974

Michael R 1974 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Benoit, I ordered a bunch of them in various sizes from Photographers Formulary last year and it was quite cheap, even with shipping.

4. Benoît99

Benoît99 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Michael, thanks for the info. I had already looked at the Photographer's Formulary but the only shipping info I found in their catalog seemed to say that the only service to Canada was "air parcel", which was very expensive. Were you able to get a ground transportation rate?

5. Todd Barlow

Todd Barlow Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There not round but....

Have a look at these
    -holds 270ml
    -I have 11 available
    -You pay shipping and they are yours

Attached Files:

6. Benoît99

Benoît99 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Todd, thanks for the offer, but I need a different size.

7. Mike Wilde

Mike Wilde Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I was able a few years ago to buy 12 32oz/1L narrow mouth boston amber bottles and invercone lids them from a 'Richards Packaging in the east end of Mississuaga.

They were kind enough to sell them to me, an end user, as a case lot. Usually they sell things by the pallet. I picked them up, as they usally sell stuff FOB at their loading dock.

8. Mike Wilde

Mike Wilde Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Also look for essential oil suppliers. They sell small to 500mL sized amber galss ones quite regularly.

I have bought from a Mississuaga based direct seller. I cannot recall thier name, but it is in my soap making supplies file at home.

They did do shipping, but I am pretty sure it did not include Canada Post. Again, I went at lunchtime to pick it up.

9. Chris Douglas

Chris Douglas Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Here is what you want

sunburstbottle .com

They have liter bottles for $1.50 each. You will want a case at this price!

10. Michael R 1974

Michael R 1974 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Benoit - now that you've refreshed my memory I think you're right. I'm probably remembering it as cheap shipping because I had lots of other stuff packed with it. You might try calling them and asking if there is a cheaper shipping possibility.

11. ParkerSmithPhoto

ParkerSmithPhoto Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    US Plastics will have everything you need. I bought a case of 500mL bottles for my XTOL stock and selenium, etc. It's worth every penny to keep the developer fresh.

If you have Costco in Canada, they have these heavy square plastic milk jugs (milk included) with a stupid huge mouth, perfect for stop and fix.

12. CGW

CGW Restricted Access

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    In Ontario at least, milk jugs vanished years ago, replaced by plastic bags.

13. cmacd123

cmacd123 Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Silly bit of indirection, but last time I needed some glass bottles, I found that I could order them from B&H photo, and they have a deal where the shipping is quite a bit less than the Post office. They collect the taxes up front to avoid the "shipping surprise" It comes Purolator Ground from New York, so Eastern Ontario is 2 day service, probaly 10 days to the west coast. They sell the Photographer Formularly ones, and don't have any minimums.

The previous lot I got a couple of years ago was from a soap making supplies shop out in BC.