Brand new member !!!

Discussion in 'New England' started by Leica_girl58, May 7, 2007.

1. Leica_girl58

Leica_girl58 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hello members,
    I was sent an email today with this site address. I am quite excited about finding other living film photographers. I thought I was one of the last FP on the planet. I have been a member of a local camera club for over 12 years and have recently become a minority in my club. The digital people have over-taken the club and changed everything. I forwarded the email to the other couple FP in my club. Hopefully, my friends and I will meet a new group of friends.
    I live in Leominster, Ma.
    Thanks,
    Darlene :smile:

2. Konical

Konical Subscriber

Good Evening, Darlene,

Welcome from Illinois. You've found the right spot!

Konical

3. jovo

jovo Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome, Darlene, from 'upstate' New York. Become a subscriber and receive a 100 gallon drum of formaldehyde to preserve you in your film user existence. :D

Actually, with over 20,000 members, you can be assured you are not alone. You'll really enjoy this site and the friendly and talented members thereof.

Ooh...oooh...quick edit update....there is a rather active New England group of 'puggers who meet irregularly, but not infrequently in the Boston to Springfield area. Check them out on the regional forum forum.

4. papagene

papagene Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello Darlene
    I'm southwest of you, in Springfield. Keep an eye on this New England region section of APUG. We have a pretty good group of photogers that meet occasionally. We just had a little photo shoot at the Quabbin. Maybe somebody can organize a shoot at their favorite location.
    The Athol to Fitchburg/Leominster corridor used to be my ol' stomping ground back in my early college days... well at least I kinda remember that.

gene

5. bdial

bdial Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome Darlene, from another member of the New England contingent.

6. copake_ham

copake_ham Inactive

Shooter:
    35mm
    Darlene,

Welcome from NYC tonight; upstate NY near the MA border on weekends except when in Tucson, AZ.

Oh, papagene is being modest. Do a search on Quabbin and you will find a tale of a most interesting odessey that has resulted in a new genre of photography: Podiature

It's all in good fun - like it usually is here on APUG.

Oh, BTW, bring your friends etc. - the more the merrier! :D

7. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Hi Darlene, welcome from just a little further away than New England. Welcome from Hawaii. This is a great place, you will love it here, and you will love the fact that film is alive and well here.

8. rpsawin

rpsawin Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Darlene,

Welcome from the Pacific Northwest.

Bob

9. Drew B.

Drew B. Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    hmm...you received an email? Welcome from the Cape and hope to see all the new members soon...uh, somewhere.

drew

10. sionnac

sionnac Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Darlene! I'm in Somerville, took classes at Simmons with Vaughn Sills. Love film, will always shoot analog although I do digital at work. This is a good place to learn and to share experiences. Welcome!

11. dslater

dslater Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi Darlene,
    welcome from Manchester, NH - what a small world - my wife is from Leominster - Do you know any of the Penning family from there?

Dan

12. Gay Larson

Gay Larson Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Welcome from Oklahoma, I know how you feel. My camera club has also been overtaken by digital shooters who can't relate to a film topic. I am very disillusioned so here I am at APUG where I feel understood.

13. Leica_girl58

Leica_girl58 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thank you all for the warm welcomes.
    Seems like a great place to share experiences and the love of film photography. I look forward to meeting local members as well as others on the forum.
    Yes, It started with an email from a stranger...wonder who it was?? The sender was named Andrew.
    Sorry I missed the Quabbin shoot. The last issue of Yankee magazine had a nice article and beautiful photos from the Quabbin. Actually, my camera has been on vacation (without me) in Wisconsin being cleaned. It is due back here tomorrow.
    I will watch for the new trip.
    Darlene

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. Leica_girl58

Leica_girl58 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi Dan,
    I know of a fireman in town with the last name of Penning...not sure of his first name.
    Hi Gary,
    I have become very discouraged with this year in my club. Everything has been changed in favor of digital, including the competition rules and club bylaws. I gave a good fight but always was out voted by digital hands. I finally realized that I can/will continue to follow the beat of my own drummer and enjoy my photography.
    Just waiting for my camera to arrive....:smile:
    darlene

16. winger

winger Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    actually, it's an irregular group, too. :smile:

Hi from Franklin, MA! :smile: Keep an eye on the NE section of the regional groups - you never know what we'll do next!

17. eric

eric Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome!
    I love New England area but during the winter months, I'll remind you how nice and warm it is in Southern California.

18. dslater

dslater Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Yes - that's my brother-in-law.

Dan

19. Leica_girl58

Leica_girl58 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    It is a small world...

He knows my 2 boys, Dan and Nate.
    Darlene

20. Leica_girl58

Leica_girl58 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I fit in nicely with an irregular group.
    darlene

21. dslater

dslater Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Cool - have you ever tried a picture of Cherry Hill Farms? I've often thought that with an interesting sky, a good image could be made there. There's also a farm up the road from there with a grain silo that I ave always thought would make an interesting pic.

Dan

22. Leica_girl58

Leica_girl58 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Yes, I have an interesting photo of that farm. It is very dramatic from the street angle. You just have to be careful of the traffice, since you really need to be in the road to get a nice pic.
    There is a old farm in sterling that I love to photograph. There is also a goat farm next door with over a hundred goats that like to stop whatever they are doing and stare at you.
    Oh yeah...there is a yearling moose hanging around this area for last 2 weeks. I have taken a couple pics of her, but with my backup camera. Not sure how they will develop. The moose has recently been pushed away from her mother and she seems to be a little lonely on her own. I have actually touched her and she came over to sniff out my tripod and camera. It is best for people to stay away from her so she can learn the wild.
    I need to get to bed,
    darlene

23. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    And when it is miserably hot in California, I'll remind you how mild the weather is in Hawaii!! :surprised:

24. aldevo

aldevo Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Darlene and welcome to APUG! I live in Cambridge, MA and used to spend quite a bit of time out in the Leominster/Lenox area not all that long ago.

The Berkshires in summer time is about as good as it gets...plenty of picutre-taking opportunities!

25. MartinB

MartinB Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    hello from Canada

time to get an international hello in - hello from Calgary, Alberta, Canada (or, as some here say, "howdy")
    Martin

26. Andy K

Andy K Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome from England.

Welcome from Southend, England (thats the Old Original England, not the new one!) Darlene, you are in the right place!

Andy.