Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On (with apologies to Jimmy Buffett)

Discussion in 'Ethics and Philosophy' started by Dan Henderson, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Dan Henderson

Dan Henderson Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I have spent days' worth of darkroom time trying to get the right tone color on 2 images that go together. I started out with Ilford WT paper in WT developer>sepia>gold, then switched out to Foma paper and Fotospeed lith developer, then back to WT developer>sepia>gold with Foma paper. I just cannot get 2 prints of the same tone that work for me.

So I decided to save some samples of what I do have that is close, put the negative file away, and move on to other work. I'll come back to this someday.

I just needed to vent. Thanks for listening!

2. bill schwab

bill schwab Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've had more of those days than I care to remember! You're doing the right thing in walking away for now Dan.

Bill

3. Alex Bishop-Thorpe

Alex Bishop-Thorpe Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Happens with just about everything I'm afraid. One of the main reasons I ditched the idea of a career in Computers, for some reason no one will let you leave a broken computer for another day :rolleyes:
    You made the right move, time being frustrated can be better spent as time being creative.

4. Lee Shively

Lee Shively Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I agree. When you start getting bad ju-ju, just back away. It will only get worse.

5. Black Dog

Black Dog Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Me too.When something like this happens, don't fight it, feel it.There is no try.