Brett Weston Portfolios by Lodima Press

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews & Shows' started by payral, Nov 8, 2011.

1. payral

payral Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
  2. Wayne

Wayne Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Have you tried calling or emailing them? Their email and phone is on their website. Why would you ask here instead of contacting them?

3. payral

payral Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    :smile: Of Course…
    I already did some time ago but still waiting for an answer…

4. c6h6o3

c6h6o3 Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    The last time I talked to Michael Smith (about two months ago) I told him that the last volume I had received was Portraits of My Father and asked if I had the latest one. He said yes, you have them all.

5. Curt

Curt Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Will the rest of the books in the portfolio series be printed? It would be heart breaking to think this is it, another arrow shot into the list of disappointments lately. It's been so long now that I'm thinking the project has been thrown under the bus.

6. kbrede

kbrede Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I emailed them last August asking if any more volumes would be produced. Michael's reply, "Production has not ceased. It is only delayed."

7. doughowk

doughowk Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Michael Smith correspondence last month (I presume sent to all who have subscribed to the Portfolio series) asked whether should continue waiting on Salto for their new equipment installation or have the remainder printed in China. I'm willing to wait, but not for too long.

8. Curt

Curt Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    A bird in the hand is better than two in a bush. I think the waiting period is over. Printed materials from China, what objections are there? If they can do the job then why not?

9. Curt

Curt Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    How quiet the air, how silent the book which remains unopened, how quickly promises made disperse on the wind.

10. payral

payral Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    No news, good news ???

11. Michael A. Smith

Michael A. Smith Subscriber

The remaining books in the Portfolios of Brett Weston series will be printed by Salto in Belgium.

The delay is driving us crazy. It is caused by Salto getting new equipment. When we last saw them they thought the books would be printed this past summer. We spoke with them a few weeks ago and the latest word is around the beginning of the year.

This is beyond our control.

We did a survey of subscribers some time ago. The results were in favor of waiting for Salto to do the printing. One subscriber, who is an attorney, threatened to sue us if we printed anywhere else. He said he was happy to wait for as long as it may take--even ten years. We cannot afford a lawsuit.

So right now, we are waiting and hope the books will start getting printed again before too long.

We ask for everyone's patience.

Michael A. Smith

12. Curt

Curt Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Bravo!!!

13. doughowk

doughowk Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks, Michael, for the update.
    It would be good to see the series completed by the same printer. The first nine have been of the highest quality.