Briteck PS-200H

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by M. Walter Lyon, Aug 18, 2004.

1. M. Walter Lyon

M. Walter Lyon Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Britek PS-200H

OK,
    So I rushed right in, and purchased a set of these babies to complement my soon to arrive RB67. I don't know much about them, except they are 120ws each. They were not the cheapest but they certainly weren't the most expensive. I just wanted some lights the start doing some Portrait work on the side.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3815163084&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

If any one has any experience with them I would love to hear your opinion. Admittedly I probably should have done this before purchasing, but when the wife says "OK Buy them" I got to move on it before she changes her mind! :D

Thanks ahead of time for your opinions.
    Mark

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2004
  2. M. Walter Lyon

M. Walter Lyon Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    OK, well no response makes me nervous. Does no one have an opinion on these lights, Or Britek lights in general?

3. bcphoto

bcphoto Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hmmmmmmmm ... so ya want a response eh?

Send 'em back!

They're somewhat underpowered for your intended purpose and will have you locked into shooting asa400 film in order to produce a semi-realistic f stop with an umbrella or other diffussion device.
    It seems rather senseless to buy something you'll outgrow in a few weeks ... or less

You'd have actually been in better shape with Alien Bees, still entry level but at least 160/320/640 w/s and available with UV coatted flash tubes.

Calumet Travelites or Photogenic monolights would have been another 'valid' option

... jus' a thought