Broken Gravity Works 4x5 Film washer

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by Gary892, May 18, 2008.

1. Gary892

Gary892 Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Hi all,
    I have a Gravity Works 4x5 film washer that I, unfortunately, broke.
    The clear pipe that empties the washer when the water reaches a certain hight has broken at the point where it attaches to the washer.

I have searched plumbing supply houses and the usual box home repair stores without any luck.

For those who are not familiar with the washer the part I am referring to is a clear pipe that is shaped in an upside down U shape with one side longer than the other. The shorter side is inserted into a pre-drilled hole and the other side of the pipe directs the water into a sink or other draining device.

To compound the problem I only need a section that is approx. 2 feet long. I will trim to the correct length once it is attached.

I would appreciate some ideas on locating such a part.

As far as online ordering, I do not use a credit card and I do not have, and will not open a paypal account. I prefer to pay in cash.

Thanks for the help.

Gary

2. nsurit

nsurit Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Money Order and

Gravity Works, LLC
    3610 Lexington Ave.
    Madison, WI 53714

By phone:
    608-241-7673 (between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. CT)
    fax 608-241-7573
    gravityworks@sbcglobal.net

Bill Barber

3. George Collier

George Collier Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Call them, per Bill's info. They have always been most helpful on the phone and will figure out what to do.

4. scott k

scott k Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Gary,

If you still have all the bits and pieces a solvent can be used to 'weld' the plastic back together. I bought a used Gravity Works film washer and while in transit the bottom tube broke off cleanly and the top upside down U broke on one side. I used a solvent that was made for plexiglass and it worked perfectly.

Scott