Broken Hasselblad A12 back question

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by DSLR, Sep 9, 2012.

1. DSLR

DSLR Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I finally bought two A12 backs for my Hasselblad 500cm and I now have a whole kit. :D One of the backs is a newer one with an ER serial number but the other one is an older 80's model that I bought for real cheap and it has 3 holes on the back of it which is, of course, letting light in. It's missing the plastic ASA dial, I guess, and it looks like there were once three rivets that held it in place.

Anyways, anyone have any ideas on how I can plug up the holes? In the short-term I was going to tape it up but I am unsure what kind of tape will completely seal out all of the light.

Thanks in advance.

2. chriscrawfordphoto

chriscrawfordphoto Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Try black electrical tape.

3. brucemuir

brucemuir Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have an early "peep hole" 12 back where the entire hinged asa reminder that covers the peep hole is missing.
    I made a piece if cardboard that fits and keep it in place with gaffers tape. No leaks in 7-8 years.

Your issue sounds like the holes are way smaller (although I can't see them in my mind this early :wink: ) than in my case so I'd image tape will work fine.

4. DSLR

DSLR Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Also, if there is something internally wrong with the back could it harm the camera body? I'm wondering if its even worth the trouble.