Broncolor Impact 21 kit - please help!!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by kendra123, Aug 17, 2006.

1. kendra123

kendra123 Member

I have just purchased a (used) Broncolor Impact 21 kit, with 3 units, 2 stands, barn doors, reflector, umbrella, IRI transmitter, bag, case, etc. I am only just getting into photography, and am wondering what this is worth. I can't seem to find it on ebay, etc....so I'm wondering what it is worth, and perhaps, where could I sell it? thanks so much for helping!!

2. df cardwell

df cardwell Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    you just got it, and you want to get rid of it ?

Its a great outfit, it was VERY expensive

It's only shortcoming is a low power modelling light.. whicj isn't a big deal

The impact s are really, really, really good

3. kendra123

kendra123 Member

I'm not sure that I want to get rid of it...I think I'm just not even sure of what I have! (what it can do). I don't even have a DSLR yet...so I think it's probably beyond what I need at this point. If I could sell it for a decent amount, I may take that money and buy a much-needed DSLR. What do you think?

4. df cardwell

df cardwell Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    well, i know all about the broncolor flash... but what's a dslr ???

5. kendra123

kendra123 Member

I just mean I would like to buy a digital SLR camera. Thank you for responding to me...seems somewhat hard to find someone with experience with this system. Most of my photography is portraits, lots of kids. I would just set this system up in a room in my home. Would this system be suitable for that? Is it easy to use?

As well, in my instruction booklet, it says "flash light contains a specific portion of UV light. The undesirable side effects on skin and eyes are considerable reduced by using flash tubes and glass hoods with UV coating." How do I know if I have the UV coating tubes and hoods?

I know, you are starting to think that I am the reason your quote at the end of your replies exists...but thanks for helping me anyways!

6. bobank

bobank Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have one Broncolor Impact 21 and want to sell but do not know price. Can anybody help?
    Or you might know each element of the kit how much costs. I need some price, as I have not idea if it is 50 bucks or 2000 bucks.

7. John Koehrer

John Koehrer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Usually the UV coated tube will have a very slight yellow or beige cast to them.
    If you look at a UV filter on a piece of white paper you can get an idea of how slight. I think more noticeable would be the image being washed out by slight over exposure. In any case a UV, 81a, Skylight or Tiffen warming filter on the lens should correct it.

8. Hikari

Hikari Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have a Broncolor Impact kit. It works well with both film and digital. I have no idea of its worth.